Sunday 11 December 2016

#ScentSunday - Gingerbread

With Christmas day being a mere two weeks away, I hope everyone is feeling suitably festive burning their favourite Yankee Candle fragrances. I've been burning a selection of scents in each room. So for this weeks #ScentSunday I bring you the sweet and spicy Gingerbread.



Gingerbread is a USA fragrance that is currently available at a handful of online retailers. It was a Special Appearance here in the UK last year, but is not readily available in store anymore.
I love the scent of gingerbread at Christmas time. It's a hot and spicy fragrance that makes me wish I had a fresh batch of cookies in the oven to enjoy with a nice hot chocolate.

Yankee Candle are world renowned for their true to life fragrances and Gingerbread is a perfect example of how realistic a Yankee Candle can be. The immediate scent, of course, is ginger. This is a sweet ginger with a lovely heat to it. The fragrance is softened by a sweet sugary note. If you are familiar with the recent Special Appearance, Ginger Spice Cookie (I did a post on this one that you can read HERE) then, as you can imagine, there is a similarity to the two.
Gingerbread is not as buttery as Ginger Spice Cookie but I think it has a spicier scent. It really is like enjoying a gingerbread man or the gorgeous scent you get if you've ever built a gingerbread house.

The label on this fragrance is so cute! I love the festive feel of the gingerbread house. The wax is a orange/brown colour which matches the scent perfectly. Gingerbread has been placed in the 'Festive' family but could also sit perfectly in the 'Food & Spice' family. If you are a foody fan or enjoy your spicier scents, then you will absolutely love this one.

You can get Gingerbread in two different sets on QVC, in a trio set with French Vanilla and Hazelnut Coffee (available HERE) or in a duo with Peppermint Martini (available HERE)

What do you think to Gingerbread? Let me know in the comments box below.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Yankee Candle or QVC. I am a Yankee Fandle who enjoys sharing my thoughts on each fragrance and also photos of my collection that I have taken myself. These opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment