Friday 18 November 2016

Fantastic (Festive) Fragrances and where to find them



There's so many amazing festive Yankee Candle fragrances that come out each year, classics that you can easily get your hands on include: Christmas Cookie, Red Apple Wreath and Christmas Eve. For me, Christmas isn't Christmas without my home being filled with my favourite festive Yankee Candles scents; It's my favourite time of the year so I love to get a real mix of sweet and spicy fragrances to really get in the festive spirit.

If, like me, you love getting your hands on special limited editions and rare fragrances then read on because this post is all about some of the fabulously festive Yankee Candle fragrances that are currently available that you might not have seen or even heard of...

Holiday Homecoming
This USA fragrance is making a rare and short special appearance here in Europe, but only at select retailers. I got mine from CandlesDirect.com for £19.99 and I am so glad I did. My all time favourite Christmas scent is Red Apple Wreath and Holiday Homecoming is very similar but I personally think it has much more of a festive punch. It's a gorgeous blend of apples, berries and cinnamon, the perfect Christmas combination. The cinnamon is the first note to hit you with this one, but the fruity layers make Holiday Homecoming a gorgeously traditional Christmas candle. I cannot recommend this one enough. You can get yours HERE direct from candlesdirect.com and they currently have up to 25% off select classic festive Yankee Candle fragrances.

Red Berry & Cedar
This retired fragrance saw fandles rejoice when it exclusively returned to Clintons for the festive period. The fragrance itself is a rich cedar scent with hints of red berry. I personally can't pick up on the berry notes but I think this one is like getting your Christmas tree home and that aroma that fills the room.
Clintons are selling this exclusively and currently have 25% off it (this is correct as of 18/11/16). If that's not exciting enough, Red Berry & Cedar also comes in a gorgeous gift box. You can get yours direct from Clintons in store or online HERE


Feliz Navidad
This USA fragrance is currently available exclusively from QVC in a trio set of American fragrances. You can't even get this fragrance in the USA anymore so this is a real treasure. Feliz Navidad is absolutely gorgeous. I cannot recommend this one enough for any foody and cakey fans. It is a real buttery scent that Yankee Candle describe as "buttery cream mingled with raisins, wild currants, nutmeg, ginger and cardamom". If you are a fan of the fragrance Tarte Tatin then you will really love this one. The nutmeg and ginger give Feliz Navidad a spicy festive touch that is good enough to eat. You can get this trio which includes other suitably festive USA scents Irish Cream and Silver Birch from QVC HERE


Nutcracker
This Yankee Candle is worth getting just for the image on the label alone! Nutcracker is currently a Special Appearance that is available from select retailers (Special Appearances are retired or American scents that are brought back by Yankee Candle for a limited period of time). Described by Yankee Candle as "a happy holiday celebration in the scents of fresh pine garland, sweet berries and bright citrus" I think this one has a real freshness to it. I can pick up on the berry notes first, and the cirtus note really gives it a refreshing finish. You can get Nutcracker direct from Yankee Candle HERE and it also available from QVC (in a trio set with two other Special Appearances Winter Garden and Luscious Plum) HERE

Cherries On Snow
I wrote about this fragrance last week (you can read that post HERE) as it is one of my all time favourite fragrances. The fragrance is a returning fandle favourite so, as it has not been readily available throughout the year, I thought I would include it in this list as it might be a scent you are unfamiliar with.
It is a sweet cherry scent with a blend of almond. There's a gorgeous marzipan aroma to Cherries On Snow but despite it having a real sweetness to it, there is also a gorgeous fresh and icy mid note.
You can get Cherries On Snow at many retailers. I got mine from House of House, but if you fancy stocking up, QVC are selling a duo of large jars HERE.

Peppermint Martini
I am waiting on this fragrance to arrive so I cannot comment on the scent, but like Holiday Homecoming, Peppermint Martini is a USA fragrance that is being sold in select retailers for a very limited time. Yankee Candle are stocking this fragrance online HERE but you can also pick it up from QVC as a duo.

And there we have it, festive fragrances that you might have never heard of. I hope you enjoyed reading about them. Have you spotted any other rare or limited edition Yankee Candles? Let me know in the comments box below.

Follow me on Twitter: @YankeeFandle and Instagram: YankeeFandle

Disclaimer: I do not work for Yankee Candle or QVC. I am a Yankee Fandle who enjoys sharing my thoughts on each fragrance and also photos of my collection that I have taken myself. These opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment