Sunday 18 September 2016

#ScentSunday - Autumn Night

The fourth and final post in my series of reviews of Yankee Candle's latest collection, Harvest Time, is a fandle favourite... As voted for by you! This weeks #ScentSunday is the dark and masculine... Autumn Night.

On  first sniff my first thought was "wait... Is this Midsummers Night?" The fragrances are quite similar on cold sniff and this has a similarly masculine feel to it. There's an almost spicy note which gives it a real cologne-like scent. The more I smelt it, the more I picked up on a lavender note.

Now, I must admit that a "masculine lavender" fragrance doesn't really sound that appealing to me, so I don't blame you if you're reading this and feeling a little sceptical. But, I ran a poll on twitter asking fandles to vote for their favourite from the Harvest Time collection and Autumn Night was the clear winner with 40% of the vote!

You may be thinking that perhaps this is similar to the USA fragrance Lavender Sunset... but they're actually quite different. Autumn Night is much stronger. If you like deeper fragrances and premium colognes it'll be one for you. I would say Moroccan Argan Oil and Oud Oasis fans would love Autumn Nights.










If you read the reviews for this fragrance on yankeecandle.co.uk you'll see that three of them say that the throw of this scent is poor. As I write this review I'm melting a Wax Melt (as I have done with all my Harvest Time reviews) in my living room, sat next to an open window. It's throwing really well and I can smell it around the entire house. Sometimes I think that certain fragrances work better in a Wax Melt format, and maybe this is one of them.

The wax is a real deep, deep blue and works so well with the image on the label. I thought that Dreamy Summer Nights had a deep glistening wax, but the wax in this candle is gorgeous. It's as if glitter is running through it and the oils are so clear on the top of the wax. The picture doesn't do it justice to be honest.

So, would I burn this again? Probably not, it's not really the sort of fragrance I enjoy but it has pride of place in my treasure wall, the label and wax colour make it stand out.

Would I recommend it? Yes, I would... But only really to fandles who like their deep or masculine scents. I'm pretty sure mummy fandle will try to pinch it from my collection. This is a very layered fragrance and I think the combination of varied notes works surprisingly well. But, If you like pretty florals, fruit or fresh fragrances, then you might want to look at the other fragrances in this collection.

Autumn Nights is available in all standard wax formats direct from Yankee Candle HERE and also from select Yankee Candle retailers. You can also read reviews of all the other fragrances in the Harvest Time collection on earlier blog posts: HERE for Honey Clementine, HERE for Ebony & Oak and HERE for Rhubarb Crumble.

What do you think to Autumn Nights? Let me know in the comments box below.

Follow me on Twitter: @YankeeFandle and Instagram: YankeeFandle


1 comment: