Wednesday 28 September 2016

Festive Tipples QVC set


As  I sit here and write this blog post, there are only 87 days, 7 hours, 4 minutes and 16 seconds until Christmas. I'm not trying to scare you, but did you realise that Christmas was so close? We haven't even had Halloween yet! Let's not start to panic though about those all important Christmas quandaries such as what we're going to buy Great Aunt Gladys, and let's not even think about what oversized Christmas jumper you just know you're going to get from a secret Santa... Let's think about something that we pretty much all look forward to... A festive tipple!

Last week saw the second set of Christmas Yankee Candle shows this year, and there were plenty of treats for every fandle whether you had been good or bad. Highlights included an auto-delivery set of USA exclusives, Yankee Candle Christmas crackers and a set of three Christmas cocktail inspired fragrances.

The Festive Tipples set included three large jars with 'street party' style labels. The candles are USA outlet exclusives and not currently available at any retailer in the UK. (Some fandles might have spotted some of the 'portrait label' fragrances in Yankee Candle outlets here in the UK, but as far as I am aware, these have yet to make an appearance). If you are not familiar with this different style label, then you might want to check out my blog post HERE which goes into detail about them. I have to point out that these outlet fragrances are not sub-quality and are made to the same great standard and have the same fab fragrance strength as Yankee Candle's main range. One fandle even tweeted me to say "really impressed with the scent from these candles. May have different labels but same great Yankee scent."

So what fragrances are in the set, and what do they smell like?

Cranberry Margarita is a sweet cranberry scent, which I love, as I often find cranberry fragrances to be very sharp. I picked up on a very subtle cinnamon note too which actually took me a little while to figure out what it was. It gives it a really lovely christmasy scent but does not over power the cranberry. This is quite a light fragrance and a welcome change to the traditional bold festive fragrances.

Peppermint Martini is a real minty treat. If you like the Yankee Candle fragrance Fresh Mint, then you will love this one. It's not got a Candy Cane Lane sweet scent as the label suggests, it's more of a realistic mint leaf scent. If you like the odd Mojito, then you will know exactly what this smells like. It's a fresh, icy scent that I thought was the most surprising fragrance out of the three.

Christmas Pomegranate Punch is my favourite. My absolute go-to Christmas fragrance is Red Apple Wreath by Yankee Candle, It defines my December, and this fragrance has a real similarity to it. It's a lighter scent that doesn't have the deeper rich notes like Red Apple Wreath, but it does have that classic Christmas fragrance. It has a sweetness which comes from the pomegranate and has a lovely overall fruity aroma.

I love how the set looks as a whole. The combination of the red and the white wax is perfect for Christmas and the gorgeous images add to the festive look. One of my favourite things about the labels is the clear Limited Edition text. I love one-offs and rarities, so that really makes them special.

If you like classic Christmas fragrances but are looking for something that is a little different, I would definitely recommend this set. The combination of fresh and fruity fragrances is gorgeous and if you fancy yourself as a bit of a Mixologist I think they would work so well if lit together or throughout your house. (Mixology is when you burn more than one fragrance at a time to create a powerful and customised brand new fragrance).

As with every QVC set, this trio is such a bargain at just £29.97. That's £9.99 per jar... Less than a tenner each! Obviously you need to factor in P&P but even after that these are such a bargain. They're a gorgeous limited edition addition to my treasure wall. If you are a casual fandle, then you could even get this set and gift one to a friend. I know I would be more than happy with a rare, USA exclusive limited edition Yankee Candle for Christmas!

You can get the set HERE and half price P&P is available if you buy more than one set.

Did you find this review helpful or already have this set? Let me know what you think in the comments below.

You can follow me on Twitter: @YankeeFandle and Instagram: YankeeFandle

Disclaimer: I do not work for Yankee Candle or QVC. I am a Yankee Fandle who enjoys sharing my thoughts on each fragrance and also photos of my collection that I have taken myself. These opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment