Sunday 2 October 2016

#ScentSunday - White Chocolate Apple

#ScentSunday this week is the gorgeously crisp White Chocolate Apple, a Special Appearance that was launched at the beginning of September alongside Ginger Spice Cookie and Berry Jam.



For those who are unfamiliar with what a Special Appearance is, it's a USA fragrance that is released in Europe for a limited period of time. Generally Yankee Candle release five sets of three special appearance fragrances throughout the year, so us fandles can get our hands on 15 harder to find fragrances to enjoy (and add to our treasure walls!)

White Chocolate Apple is an interesting one for me because I expected it to have a really sweet chocolatey scent with underlying apple notes, but in fact, apple is the immediate note, so you get that crisp sharpness straight away.

Quite a few fandles have tweeted me to say they only really picked up on apple notes. I think, much like me, we were all expecting an obvious cocoa chocolate smell. But let's not forget this is white chocolate which does have a completely different and distinctive smell. The more I sniff the more I get the silky creaminess of white chocolate, so give it a few sniffs when you're in your local Yankee store.

An added bonus to this candle is the similarity to one of my favourite festive fragrances, Sugared Apple. So if, like me, you miss Sugared Apple (which is now retired), or are keen to find a year-round alternative this might be the one for you.

Let's talk about the label...Gorgeous! It just looks so American which is exactly what I look for in USA Special Appearances, pure Americana. The image is so fun and really pops against the pure white wax.

White Chocolate Apple is available HERE from Yankee Candle, and HERE from QVC in a great set of three treasures.

What are your thoughts on White Chocolate Apple? Let me know in the comments box below.

You can follow me on Twitter: @YankeeFandle and Instagram: YankeeFandle

Disclaimer: I do not work for Yankee Candle or QVC. I am a Yankee Fandle who enjoys sharing my thoughts on each fragrance and also photos of my collection that I have taken myself. These opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment