Sunday 23 October 2016

#ScentSunday - Star Anise & Orange

Over the past few weeks I have been reviewing the latest Yankee Candle collection, Holiday Party. Today is the final post on the fragrances, so to complete the set, this weeks post is Star Anise & Orange.



Star Anise & Orange sounds to me like such a classic Christmas scent conjuring up memories of fragrant festive food and hanging my Christmas stocking on Christmas eve. Out of the four fragrances in the collection, I thought this one sounded the most 'traditional' by the title. So, what does it smell like?

If you are a fan of aniseed and liquorice, then you will love this one. The star anise dominates this fragrance and on first sniff it was the only fragrance that I could pick up on. The top notes listed in the scent description are orange and mandarin, but I don't think these are the stand out scents. It took a while until I could pick up on any citrus notes but, as ever, they are a true to life citrus.

One thing that I love about Yankee Candle is the vast selection of fragrances they offer. I've said it before, and I'll say it again; not everyone is going to enjoy EVERY fragrance they create, and this is one of those cases. I was hoping for a real orange fragrance with a festive spice to it, but I just can't get past the powerful note of the star anise.

Yankee Candle have decided to use quite a sandy camel coloured wax which I think works really well with the overall fragrance. The image on the label is dominated by the orange and I think it would have been a better representation of the fragrance to include more of the star anise.

If you can't get through Christmas without a box of Liquorice Allsorts, then this could be the fragrance for you. Also, if you want to get a real mix of fragrances to burn over the festive period, then this would be a nice and unsual addition to your selection.

Is it for me? No, but I think the Holiday Party collection is fantastic as it includes sweet, fruity and spicy fragrances. You can read reviews of the other fragrances in the collection by clicking HERE for All Is Bright, HERE for Macaron Treats and HERE for Festive Cocktail,

Star Anise & Orange is available from Yankee Candle HERE in all standard wax formats,

What are your thoughts on Star Anise & Orange? Will you be burning it at your Holiday Party? Let me know in the comments box below.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Yankee Candle or QVC. I am a Yankee Fandle who enjoys sharing my thoughts on each fragrance and also photos of my collection that I have taken myself. These opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment