Sunday 16 October 2016

#ScentSunday - Festive Cocktail

With two fragrances left to review of Yankee Candle's latest Holiday Party collection, I decided to ask Twitter what fragrance they preferred out of Festive Cocktail and Star Anise & Orange, the winner would determine which fragrance I would write about next. So, with 88% of the vote, #ScentSunday this week is... Festive Cocktail!



Festive Cocktail is a cranberry scent that has a subtle touch of pine to it. I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of cranberry fragrances as I often find them to be too tart, Festive Cocktail has a sweetness to it though which I was pleased about. If you read my review of the Festive Tipples set (you can read it HERE) I will point out that Cranberry Margarita from that set is much sweeter than Festive Cocktail, so if you thought that didn't have a strong enough cranberry note for your liking, then I think you'll really enjoy Festive Cocktail.

The pine note is extremely subtle but it is noticeable. It doesn't have the strong and traditionally 'Christmas' fragrance that Red Berry & Cedar has, but there is a slight similarity to the two (emphasis on the slight).

Personally, I wouldn't put Cranberry at the top of my list of go-to festive fragrances, but I know many people do, so for me this is actually the fragrance I would most likely burn at a Holiday Party. At the risk of sounding like an advert, I do think that Festive Cocktail has a lovely crispness to it which I think is quite elegant and would bring a touch of sophistication to any gathering.

The wax is a really bold red that fits perfectly with the Holiday Party theme. The oils are so visible in this candle which is a clear indication that this will have a gorgeous fragrance from start to finish. The image on the label looks so festive too which I love.

I've found the categorising for this collection to be quite interesting. Festive Cocktail is classed as 'food & spice' but I would personally have placed this in the 'fruit' fragrance family, or even the 'festive' category.


If you like your fresh fruity scents then you will love this one. If you can't go throughout winter without burning fragrances like Cranberry Twist, then why not give this one a go. It's a lighter alternative with a lovely subtle twist.

Festive Cocktail is available directly from Yankee Candle HERE in all standard wax formats, and fandles can rejoice, because Festive Cocktail is also available in a MeltCup format at select retailers too!

What are your thoughts on Festive Cocktail? Let me know in the comments box below.

Follow me on Twitter: @YankeeFandle and Instagram: YankeeFandle


Disclaimer: I do not work for Yankee Candle or QVC. I am a Yankee Fandle who enjoys sharing my thoughts on each fragrance and also photos of my collection that I have taken myself. These opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment