Sunday 9 October 2016

#ScentSunday - Macaron Treats

A couple of weeks ago I posted the first in my set of reviews of Yankee Candle's latest collection. So, lets keep the Holiday Party going and take a look at what is definitely my favourite of the set... Macaron Treats.



If  you are a fan of your sweet, sugary and cakey fragrances then I can safely say you will love Macaron Treats. Described as "The classic Parisian macaron - sweet as can be and lighter than air, with notes of vanilla, almond and, of course, sugar" I couldn't agree more.

Now, I'm a huge foody fandle and have a real weakness for anything almond flavoured, so I was super excited when I saw the scent description. But does it live up to my expectations? One word: yes.

On first sniff I wasn't sure I was getting the almond top notes in Macaron Treats (as the overall fragrance is a sweet vanilla blend). So I went through my collection to find what would be best to compare it to. After sniffing foodie vanilla scents such as Christmas Cupcake, Snowflake Cookie and French Vanilla, it was much easier to pick up on the almond.
There's a good reason you'll see coffee beans in perfume stores, it's to shock your nose and retrain it after it's bombarded with scent. So be sure to give your nose a chance to recover and retrain when choosing your candles in store.

Whenever I sniff this candle it transports me to a gorgeous little bakery on Main Street USA in Disney World's Magic Kingdom but for many, it will take you straight to a french patisserie. A couple of fandles have asked if it's reminiscent of the US fragrance Bakery Air. I'd say this is sweet and luxurious while Bakery Air is much spicier, more cinnamon and pecans rather than vanilla.

I was a little surprised that Yankee Candle decided to use a bold green as the colour of the wax, but to be honest... I LOVE IT! It's so fresh and makes the colourful macarons in the image just jump out at you. I was also surprised that Yankee decided to place this in the 'festive' fragrance family too. I would be more than happy to burn Macaron Treats all year round, much like All Is Bright, another in this range that would be great all year round (you can read my review of All Is Bright HERE).

So would I recommend this? ABSOLUTELY! Sweet sweet goodness and yummy colour. If you can't go through the festive period without a Christmas Cookie candle on the go, then I'd say give this one a try. It'll satisfy any sweet tooth.

Macaron Treats is available HERE from Yankee Candle in all standard wax formats.

Follow me on Twitter: @YankeeFandle and Instagram: YankeeFandle

Disclaimer: I do not work for Yankee Candle or QVC. I am a Yankee Fandle who enjoys sharing my thoughts on each fragrance and also photos of my collection that I have taken myself. These opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment