Sunday 4 September 2016

#ScentSunday - Ebony & Oak

Last week I published a post on Honey Clementine which is part of Yankee Candle's Harvest Time collection. (You can read that post HERE). I don't know about you, but this weekend has felt as if Autumn has well and truly arrived. So, this weeks #ScentSunday is Ebony & Oak from the latest collection by Yankee Candle.





From the name I was expecting a hearty woody fragrance, and boy was I right. If I could describe Ebony & Oak in less than five words, it'd be simple: Autumn in a jar.

The fragrance is a mixture of oak, pine, ebony, eucalyptus and patchouli. The woody notes hit you on cold sniff and the eucalyptus really brings a freshness to it. The immediate notes really are like walking into a forest on an autumn day. The woody layers are not over powering and the patchouli notes add the feeling of taking that first deep breath in on a crisp, fresh early morning.

There is a clear pine note in this fragrance which i love. I personally think this is a wonderful day fragrance for throughout Autumn, but I can imagine a lot of fandles even having this as a December favourite too. (Don't forget, you get up to 150 hours of burn time per large jar. If you burned this for three hours a day over the weekends, it would see you into the new year!)

As with Honey Clementine, I've been burning this throughout the week as a wax melt. The throw is a medium throw. It's a lovely subtle scent that is not overpowering. It is not a scent that will fill your whole house (which is ideal for me as I like to burn different fragrances in different rooms) but it will fragrance a room nicely.

I really like the photo on this jar; it really conjured up happy memories for me. As a child I loved playing in my garden and collecting fir cones and finding acorns in my garden. I used to lay them out and hope that squirrels would come and take them. I'd sit with my Grandma and hope we'd see hedgehogs and other wildlife that wanted to stop by. (Isn't it funny how a picture or a scent can conjure up these types of memories. That's one of the reasons that I love Yankee Candle so much)


Out of the entire Harvest Time collection, I thought this would probably be the fragrance that I would pick last, but I must say, Ebony & Oak really does define Autumn. Woody, crisp and fresh. There is a masculinity to the scent, but it is not an aftershave-esque fragrance like Mountain Lodge (AKA Boyfriend Candle), it has a slightly sweeter touch to it.

Ebony & Oak is available directly from Yankee Candle HERE in all standard wax formats, and also select Yankee Candle retailers.

Do you have Ebony & Oak? Let me know your thoughts in the box below.

Follow me on Twitter: @YankeeFandle Instagram: YankeeFandle

Disclaimer: I do not work for Yankee Candle or QVC. I am a Yankee Fandle who enjoys sharing my thoughts on each fragrance and also photos of my collection that I have taken myself. These opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment