Sunday 11 September 2016

#ScentSunday - Rhubarb Crumble

The third blog post in my Harvest Time reviews is the one I've most looked forward to writing. I'm a big foodie fan and a real sucker for buttery and cakey Yankee Candles. So, for #ScentSunday this week, I excitedly bring you... Rhubarb Crumble.


So, what does it smell like? On cold sniff, the first note to hit you is, believe it or not, rhubarb! A gorgeously tart fruity scent. I think rhubarb has such a distinct and individual fragrance so I was excited to see how it translated into a candle. Of course, Yankee Candle being Yankee Candle, it is so true to life.
The fragrance has a real buttery softness to it which is perfect to balance the sharp rhubarb. The crumble comes through with a sweet and sugary cakey note.

As with my last two posts, I have been melting a Wax Melt of this fragrance throughout the week. I love Wax Melts, they're not only a fantastic way to sample a fragrance (a Wax Melt will only set you back £1.49) but a great way to get a quick burst of fragrance into your room without having to dedicate the three hours minimum needed for a large or medium jar.
The fragrance was wonderful, it pretty much filled the whole of the house downstairs. I noticed the sharpness of the rhubarb came out even more when burning. A vanilla note started to come through too which worked so nicely alongside the tangy fragrance. The crumble note did start to soften as the rhubarb strengthened.

One fandle tweeted me to tell me that they loved Rhubarb Crumble and that they had found a new favourite. Alison (@ali_court) found it so mouthwatering and exclaimed that people need to know about it!

If you like the Yankee Candle fragrances Tarte Tatin and Pain au Raisin, then you are going to LOVE this. There's nothing more soothing than some home baking as the days get shorter and the woolly jumpers start to come out. This is a perfect weekend fragrance for me. It'll make you want to put on your apron, head down to the kitchen and splat a huge dollop of custard on whatever it is you've mustered up. Mary Berry really would be proud!




The wax is a real deep red so a really gorgeous autumn colour to have out on display. The oils are clear throughout the candle. The top of the candle was glistening in the light. You can really see the oils resting on the top.

When I was little, my parents grew rhubarb in our back garden, so I was excited to see if this fragrance took me back to my childhood, and it definitely did. As a foodie fan I had high hopes for this and it did not disappoint. I have seen so many positive comments online about this fragrance, and now I can see (or even, smell) why.

You can buy Rhubarb Crumble in all standard wax formats directly from Yankee Candle HERE. It is also available from select Yankee Candle retailers.

What do you think to Rhubarb Crumble? Let me know in the comments box below.

Follow me on Twitter: @YankeeFandle and Instagram: YankeeFandle. You can read my reviews of other Harvest Time fragrances by clicking HERE for Honey Clementine and HERE for Ebony & Oak.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Yankee Candle or QVC. I am a Yankee Fandle who enjoys sharing my thoughts on each fragrance and also photos of my collection that I have taken myself. These opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment