Tuesday 9 August 2016

Down on the Beach - Portrait Set

For any eagle eyed fandles out there, you might have seen this set in the background of Saturday's QVC show with Rosa. I couldn't make out what the set was, and then out of nowhere a little banner popped up at the bottom of the screen with details of what looked like the same set. It said "over on qvcuk.com..." so of course I went online straight away to find out what the fragrances were.
BUT, I was faced with the two words no fandle ever wants to see... SOLD OUT!


But how? It looked like a brand new set, so I got straight on the phone and was told the set WAS available, but the operator had limited information. As long as I could buy it though, I was happy.

I have bought all the portrait label jars for my collection since they were first featured on QVC for the 12th anniversary shows, and now I've started, I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop. They're a nice affordable set really, so I don't feel too guilty...

Warm Waves
This fragrance is a grower. On first sniff I wasn't a fan, but as I sit here typing, I'm enjoying it more and more. It is what I'd describe as a 'bathroom candle'. QVC describes this as a floral fragrance with a hint of sea salt. If you like Ocean Blossom and Catching Rays, then I think you'd enjoy this one. It is nice and fresh. I wouldn't describe it as very floral, but there is a sweetness to it.









Sand & Surf
Now, I'm a huge HUGE fan of Wild Sea Grass, so the sound of this one really excited me. The scent has an orange note to it, which softens it. I would describe this one as a fruitier version of Windblown. It doesn't have the 'savoury' scent that Wild Sea Grass does, but it does have elements of it. The more I smell it, the fruitier it smells. This one is probably my favourite of the set. Now that I think of it, Sand & Surf has an element of Sunset Breeze to it.
Sangria
This is the standout fragrance of the collection. Sweet, fruity and juicy. A real punch hits you on cold sniff of berries and a zesty citrus note. This is a pretty true to life fragrance and is making me want a large glass of sangria! I imagine this one will have a powerful throw. If you like your berry fragrances, or just a fan of fruity Yankee Candles, then this one is for you.



This is an exclusive set of USA fragrances especially for QVC. As I type this, the set is on the QVC website for £47. However, I managed to get this for less than £30 with two Easy Payments. There is a show at 8pm tonight (09/09/16) so let's see if it's included on that show at that price

The item number for Down on the Beach is 705686 and is available HERE.

All in all I really love this set. The colours of the wax are a nice mix with Warm Waves being a gorgeous blue/turquoise colour. The fruity elements of the fragrances really brightened my mood making me wish I really was down the beach.

Did you spot this set on QVC? Were you quick enough to order a set before they premiered? Let me know in the comments below.

Follow me on Twitter: @YankeeFandle and Instagram: YankeeFandle

No comments:

Post a Comment