Sunday 7 August 2016

#ScentSunday - Cotton Candy

This weeks #ScentSunday is a VHTF cult classic Yankee Candle. It's so sweet it'll give you an instant sugar rush. It's the fun, pink and oh so fluffy, Cotton Candy.



After doing a poll on Twitter for what my Saturday burn should be, I decided to throw Cotton Candy into the mix but secretly hoped it wouldn't win. I've had two large jars for quite some time (one for the collection and one to burn) but I could never bring myself to light it for two reasons...

1: Cotton Candy is now a retired USA scent and probably one of the most missed Yankee Candle fragrances ever. There is a lot of love for this one online, and lighting it would feel like a crime.
2: A friend of mine had this and would burn it in their apartment, and I wouldn't be able to smell it... At all!

After an hour long poll, Cotton Candy won. I had no choice but to lit the wick...

WOW! What a fragrance. I was expecting a weak non-descript sweet scent, but boy was I wrong. Cotton Candy really transported me to a day at a seaside fairground enjoying a big ball of sticky candyfloss (as we call it here in the UK). It's a sugary fragrance that really fills the room with a powerful throw.
I had this burning from 10:30am up until about midnight, so a really long time, and I could smell it up until I put the flame out. Normally I can get used to a scent quite quickly, but Cotton Candy constantly hit me throughout the day.

I absolutely love the picture on the label, and the colour of the wax is such a pretty pink. The candle alone is enough to sweeten any room.

Cotton Candy is unfortunately no longer available, but I have seen it on eBay going for about £30 each time. There's a selection of wax formats on there too, including a Scenterpiece Melt Cup but you will be paying upwards of three times the amount for that!

This has really surprised me. I think to get the most out of Cotton Candy you need to burn it in a smaller room. I think the scent got lost in my friends apartment.
I would even go as far to say that Cotton Candy is probably in my top 5 fragrances now. I can totally see why there is so much love for it on social media. I'm not looking forward to when the candle comes to an end, I'll have to start up a Bring Back Cotton Candy petition!

Have you had a sugar rush from Cotton Candy? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

Follow me on Twitter: @YankeeFandle Instagram: YankeeFandle

No comments:

Post a Comment